11 Tips to Boost and Improve Self Confidence
Having a lack of self confidence seems to be everyone’s downfall in life. The way you view and feel about yourself directly affects your confidence and if that self image is not in a positive manner, then your confidence will go downhill.
It’s very hard to always have high self-esteem and have high self-confidence always in life because there are many things that you can’t control in life that will cross your path.
God, grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
And wisdom to know the difference.
The Serenity Prayer reminds us that although we shouldn’t stress about the things we can’t control life but only focus on the things you can control.
So here are some tips on boosting and improving your self confidence
1. Attitude. This is probably the most important tip in building self-confidence and probably the hardest. Attitude affects everything, if you think you are a failure then so you will be one. However, if you believe you can succeed then you will succeed. Start implementing Positive Thinking into your daily life more often and the end result can be life changing.
2. Posture. Studies have shown that sitting up straight, walking with your held up high and making eye contact can greatly boost your confidence level. You want to make an impression that you are confident in the way you carry yourself at all times. Start complimenting your inner positive confidence with the way you handle things on the outside. You do not want to break the balance by just having a positive attitude.
3. Energy. Are you always feeling down or lethargic? Boost up your confidence levels by getting your energy back. The most simple and effective way to get energy is by working out in the mornings to start off your day right. Increasing energy does not mean to take an energy drink but a more effective approach would be finding healthier foods and great workouts to include in your self-confidence goal.
4. Behavior. Don’t like how things are going in your life? Then change it up! A quick change of habits or environment can greatly affect your positive self-image. Try something new and get out of the rut that has kept you reaching your full confidence potential. If you park in the same parking spot everyday, try a new parking spot. Try a new place to get coffee. Whatever it is, keep it fresh and out of your element and that way your not stuck in an endless rut.
5. Appearance. If you want your inner self-image to be positive then you must also reflect that image on the outside. Dress for success and keep your physical appearance well groomed and clean. It’s okay to be empowered with your appearance because as long as you make that effort to make yourself look nice then your mind will match that with confidence. Don’t take this improvement face value by buying all these expensive clothes and make overs but to wear something nice once in a while to transition your mind that you are confident in your appearance as-well.
6. Smile. Smile, Smile, Smile. I can’t tell you enough how simple and effective this tip can be. Not only will you notice how your mood and attitude will change but others will too. Studies have shown that the simple act of smiling will greatly increase your attitude and will receive more positive influences just from your smile alone.
7. Strengths. A tip from management I learned is to focus on strengths and not weaknesses. A weakness is associated with negativity and a strength is associated with positivity. Take a moment and reflect upon yourself what are your strengths and keep your strengths in mind as a champions creed.
8. Organize. Sometimes your schedule in life at work or home can be very daunting and frustrating. Start getting more organized with your goals and tasks more often so you won’t fall in the habit of feeling frustrated or under-accomplished all the time. Simple steps as getting a new day planner or finishing tasks before you start another can really help you organize your day better to achiever better self-confidence results.
9. Acceptance. Going back to the serenity prayer about not worrying about the things we can’t control, Failure is one of them. We have to accept failures in order to proceed forward in life. Look at failures as learning points and opportunities to do better next time. Do not dwell on failures as that can lead to a turmoil of negative thoughts.
10. Overcome fear. Fear is one of the biggest obstacles in gaining self-confidence. You have to set aside all your emotions on fear and dive right into the root of the problem. If its objection from people then practice Acceptance and try over and over again. Eventually you will gain the ability in being confident in who you are where objections from people will not even be on your radar in the future of stuff to worry about. Don’t sweat the small stuff.
11. Vision / Goals. This goes hand in hand with organize. Have self worth and motivation for your confidence, plan out goals and vision yourself in a positive manner in achieving them. Having a goal to work for and strive for should help you keep maintained in improving your overall self-confidence. Aim your goals high and achieve excellence.